cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cEdge lost connectvity to vManage

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

In my environment we have multiple cEdge devices, 1 vManage, 2 vBond and 2 vSmart.

Due to some reasons one of the cEdge devices lost connectivity to vMange. Not sure of the exact reason.

But would like to understand, will there be any impact due to this ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

when you lose vmanage, you don't lose network data plane connectivity between routers. However, as mentioned you can only update configuration via CLI which in reality will be overwritten by vmanage when connectivity is restored.

Try to troubleshooting why you lost vmanage connection (if it happened suddenly). show control connection-history is good point to begin (add show sdwan it if is IOS XE SDWAN)

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

Any inputs ?

vmanage is used for monitor and push config, if you dont need any modify in config and no need monitor vmanage then cedge can work normally.
MHM

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

vManage is orchestration tool, until the device in contact with vManage, you can not push any modified template config to that cedge router.

You need to investigate on cedge side what is the reason. also worth checking the config drift any changes recently ?

check some troubleshooting steps :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/sd-wan/214509-troubleshoot-control-connections.html

But would like to understand, will there be any impact due to this ? 

there is no impact due to vmanage connection to cedge. (you can not modify any config) -if the device managed by  vmanage.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

when you lose vmanage, you don't lose network data plane connectivity between routers. However, as mentioned you can only update configuration via CLI which in reality will be overwritten by vmanage when connectivity is restored.

Try to troubleshooting why you lost vmanage connection (if it happened suddenly). show control connection-history is good point to begin (add show sdwan it if is IOS XE SDWAN)

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

The show sdwan connection-history has the below details.
tear_down VM_TMO NOERR

Not able to find out the cause.

Seems your connection to vManage times out. Are you able to ping it?

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

Yes I lost the connection to vManage. What could be the reason ?

One of the reasons, which I could think is as below.
There are 2 vbonds. 1 vBond certificte expired.  Will this cause the cEdge not able to connect with vManage ?

Show sdwan omp peer <- share this 

MHM

I dont forget you but really I dont have time, 
so 
tear_down VM_TMO NOERR <<- this as cisco doc. it cause when you reduce BW in underlying below 1 Mbps
show control connections-history detail <<- check Tx and Rx for hello it is same or not

MHM

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

The root cause of the issue was one of the vBond certificate got expired. Eventhough the redundant vBond was working, some how all cEdge was referencing to the vBond where the certificate got expired. Once we updated the certificate, the issue got resolved.