Helpful
Replies

How to configure NAT on cisco IOS XE cEdge for L3 TLOC Extension

Sushil93
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

Good Day !!

Need your help and guidance on cli commands to configure the NAT for the Internet Link on cisco cEdge for the direct L3 TLOC extension (Private IP address) between the 2 cEdges.

In vEdge we can simply config NAT enable under the VPN 0 refer below sample example:

VPN0

nat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>what are the cli commands for the cEdge to configure NAT for L3 Tloc Ext.

!

interface ge0/4

ip address<x.x.x.x>/x

tloc extension ge0/1

no shutdown

!

Need the corresponding config for the cEdge Devices.

Note: there is no L3 router connected between the cEdges for the TLOC extension it is directly between the cEdges via Physical connectivity.

Refer below attached screenshot

Early response is highly appreciated!!

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kanan, 

Thanks for your reply I have tested this the lab environment. 

Yes the c-Edge is having direct internet termination on one of the interface from the ISP. 

I got the same command line from one of the Cisco live doc. On page no. 15 

Refer below link 

https://www.ciscolive.com/on-demand/on-demand-library.html?search=L3%20tloc%20extension%20sdwan&search=L3+tloc+extension+sdwan#/session/1686860355090001LggM

BTW Thanks for you support and guidance as always really appreciate

BR

Sushil 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

just enable NAT on BR1-WE2 for transport (internet facing) interface. It will configure "ip nat outside" and also overload global NAT for interface" ip nat inside source list nat-dia-vpn-hop-access-list interface [interface_name] overload" if interface is selected.

Just note that, since it is overload NAT, you BR1-WE1 will have public IP after NAT and if your remote router also has similar configuration, BFD can not come up.
Better to have 1:1 NAT which has preference and BR1-WE1 will have public IP "dedicated" for it.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Hi Kanan, 

Thanks for your reply I have tested this the lab environment. 

Yes the c-Edge is having direct internet termination on one of the interface from the ISP. 

I got the same command line from one of the Cisco live doc. On page no. 15 

Refer below link 

https://www.ciscolive.com/on-demand/on-demand-library.html?search=L3%20tloc%20extension%20sdwan&search=L3+tloc+extension+sdwan#/session/1686860355090001LggM

BTW Thanks for you support and guidance as always really appreciate

BR

Sushil