cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribute NAT DIA into BGP or OSPF issue

Caleb Panahon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, Can somebody help to identify what might be the problem here? I'm trying to redistribute NAT DIA into BGP but it's not working. 

Please see screenshot below.

CalebPanahon_1-1713803275417.png

It only worked as expected after I put network 0.0.0.0 statement on bgp.

CalebPanahon_0-1713803103531.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

BGP does not redistribute 0.0.0.0/0 with simple "redistribute" command (this happens with other routing protocols and static route as well).

You need either network 0.0.0.0 (as you did) or default-information originate under process which sends default route if there is default in routing table.

Note: you may also use standard "neighbor a.b.c.d default-originate" command which sends default in any case without checking routing table

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

You meaning you DIA in HQ' and need other branchs to use it to access internet?

MHM

DIA in local site.

Hi,

BGP does not redistribute 0.0.0.0/0 with simple "redistribute" command (this happens with other routing protocols and static route as well).

You need either network 0.0.0.0 (as you did) or default-information originate under process which sends default route if there is default in routing table.

Note: you may also use standard "neighbor a.b.c.d default-originate" command which sends default in any case without checking routing table

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

@Kanan Huseynli  I was under the impression that redistribute "nat" will do the trick but never worked. 

CalebPanahon_0-1713858651133.png

Anyway, Thank you so much for taking time to explain.

if DIA is local why you want to advertise 0.0.0.0?

In my lab, I have layer 3 switch behind my sdwan routers. My plan is to advertise 2 bgp default routes from 2 sdwan routers to my layer 3 switch for local internet break out and progress from there.

If that so' try use 

Neighbor x.x.x.x defualt-information

This x.x.x.x is your l3 device behind sdwan

This prevents you from unpredictable behave of advertise defualt to all other spokes vpn.

MHM

Redistributed BGP default route will not be advertised to other spokes via OMP, because for this you need to redistribute nat-dia route to OMP. Redistribution happens through routing table, not protocol table (e.g BGP).

HTH,

Caleb Panahon
Level 1
Level 1

The default-information originate is not present on the bgp feature template. You can add this command using cli addon feature template. Below is the sample I did.

CalebPanahon_0-1713859575299.pngCalebPanahon_1-1713859618204.pngCalebPanahon_2-1713859661172.png

Friend I was clear in my first comment, we advertise 0.0.0.0 (DIA) if we have HQ and branches use HQ to access internet, no need to advertise this 0.0.0.0 Unless there is other L3 device behind cedge ?

MHM