Views
Helpful
Replies

vSmart didn't advertise OMP routes to other vEdges

terry_lin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Is there anyone could help for this case or give some advices? I built a SD-WAN lab on my ESXi environment, everything was working fine, such as TLOC, omp peers etc, expect the omp routes advertise from vsmart to vedge. I have no ideal about why "show omp routes advertised detail" will has no entry found, and vedges cannot learn anything from it. vsmart is working with configuration as append file, also inculde vedge. How can I let other vedge to learn the vroute from vsmart? Thanks

螢幕快照 2022-02-01 下午10.37.15.png

螢幕快照 2022-02-01 下午10.37.29.png

螢幕快照 2022-02-01 下午10.46.09.png

   

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

terry_lin1
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve figured out why it didn’t work. 

View solution in original post

had this problem too and figured it out

i had created a subnet behind each vedge and vboth were advertised to vsmart but vmsart was not distributing the routes, then i relaised i had created one 'vpn' as 631 and the other as 632 and therefore, as they as the same as VRFs, they have their routing tables

once i used the same vpn number on both vedges it worked

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

terry_lin1
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve figured out why it didn’t work. 

had this problem too and figured it out

i had created a subnet behind each vedge and vboth were advertised to vsmart but vmsart was not distributing the routes, then i relaised i had created one 'vpn' as 631 and the other as 632 and therefore, as they as the same as VRFs, they have their routing tables

once i used the same vpn number on both vedges it worked

Correct, I believe that is a same concept of tradition's VRF, even they are locate on different vEdges (Location), same VPN ID = same VRF. If you would like to exchange VPN 631&632 routing, it should be a route leaking that configure by control policy. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I also observed that omp routes are not advertised from vSmart to vEdge.

Site 1 has vpn 10 and site 2 has vpn 11.So vsmart was not advertising route learned from site 1 to site 2.

After configuring same service vpn numbers, omp routes are received.

When I checked "vsmart# show omp routes | t" then I saw that vsmart having omp routes in vpn 10. However vSmart does not have vpn 10. So I think vSmart will advertise route in same vpn IDs.