cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC 3.0 unable to create virtual drive on UCS C220 M4

abyewondimu
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a virtual drive on my C220 M4 but the option is grayed out. I have two physical drive I would like to make a virtual drive with raid 1. I am running CIMC 3.0 (1c). I did not have any problem creating the virutal drive with the other C220 M4 that is running CIMC 2.x. Under the storage you would select controller info and you would click create virtual drive from unused physical drive. But in the case of the CIMC 3.0(1c) the link is grayed out. Anything I am missing. I am logged as an admin I already checked my role. Any update is appreciated.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Please make sure your existing drives are not in jbod mode.

They need to be in 'unconfigured good' mode in order to be eligible to be added to a new VD.

Thanks,

Kirk...

That is part of the problem. The link is grayed out I can not perform the task. I cannot from Jbod to unconfigured good.

Greetings.

In the Physical drive Info tab, your drives in JBOD mode should have a link to 'Set State as Unconfigured Good'

In my screen shot, my drives are already in UG mode, and show link for 'set jbod mode', but if the drives were in JBOD, the link at the far right would expand out, and show option for 'set unconfigured good'

Thanks,

Kirk...

Thanks Kirk,

The issue I had is on CIMC 3.0(1c). They changed all the interface. I found out there is a double arrow when you select the physcical drive and click the double arrow it will give you an option to change from JBOD to unconfigured good.

Thanks.

Thanks It worked for me as well