Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5500 keeps spraying %ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_ADMIN_DOWN messages

gnijs
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Nexus 5548 with single connected B22HP fex. Fex is up, I put the serverports admin down, but still the switch keeps logging these messages over and over:

%ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_ADMIN_DOWN: Interface Ethernet100/1/9 is down (Administratively down)

Every 10 seconds i am getting this message and the port number is increasing sequentially.

Since when is Cisco logging messages, even when you put the interface admin down ?

NX-OS version 5.2(1)N1(4)

4 Replies 4

I have the exact same issue and its only for ports connecting to the B22HP FEX. My B22HP cards are single homed to Nexus 5548UPs and I am on 5.2(1)N1(6). The FEX is not changing state at all.

Did you source a resolution to this issue? It seems to be cosmetic from what I can tell.

Any updates on this?

We have this issue on 1 of our 8 Nexus 5672, generating > 2.000.000 syslog messages in 24h.

All Nexus are running 7.0(1)N1(1), only one is messing around.

Gurpreet Kochar
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds similar to

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul25050/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Igor Anishchuk
Level 1
Level 1

This problem affects only ports that are not connected. Therefore, you can shut them down in the configuration and disable logging of port link-status events for those interfaces as in 'no logging event port link-status'. Works for me on 56128P and 55xx.