cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collected Inventory Mismatch Between CSPC and SNTC Portal

GREGORY LEGGETT
Level 4
Level 4

I was reviewing the EoX hardware alerts and noticed that two of the four Nexus 93240YC-FX2 switches we own are reporting power supplies that have an EoS date set in 2025.  While that is not coming up soon, I was concerned why this would be affecting only two units.

I researching the issue further, the SNTC portal is reporting this switches are using 'N9K-PAC-1200W' power supplies.  The devices themselves, and the CSPC, are reporting the power supplies parts as 'NXA-PAC-1100W-B'.

The device, in the SNTC portal, is showing that it's reporting recently collected information (one day old), so I'm not sure where the disconnect is.

I'm looking for assistance with correcting the reporting, so that the EoX alerts displaying accurate information.

2 Replies 2

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I've made a couple of tweaks to the identification logic for SNTC since it seems there are some device bugs where they have likely used the wrong SNMP OID to represent the hardware.  Those changes will be available in SNTC tomorrow and any upload after that would reflect the reprocessed EoX alerts.  However, I cannot be sure this addresses your issue.  If you send me a private message with one or two of the serial numbers you believe are reported wrong in SNTC, I can verify.  Also, it is important to note that CSPC does not report inventory.  It only reports raw collected data.  So in fact you may be seeing a case where SNTC is correct but the device reports the wrong data so it appears as if CSPC is correct and SNTC is wrong when in fact SNTC is correct.

I looked at the two serials you sent.  It seems there is a device bug in the SNMP population for ENTITY-MIB.  For the power supplies, there is no Serial Number in Entity and there is no modelName.  In addition, the Entity vendorType is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.6.406, which is cevPowerSupplyN9KPac1200W.  So SNTC is not able to determine this should be the 1200W-B PID due to the device bug.  Recommend you open a TAC case for them to investigate why the SNMP output is incorrect.