cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC adminshell not working after upgrade to 2.10.0.7

pncisco216
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading the CSPC collector from version 2.10.0.3 to 2.10.0.7, the adminshell is no longer accessible.  When trying to log into the admin CLI with the admin account, the credentials are accepted, and then it immediately goes back to the login prompt.  We have collectorlogin and root access, so are able to troubleshooting.  We have tried restarting the adminshell and rebooting the server, but still have the issue with the adminshell.  We see the following indicating that the adminshell is not completely running.

[root@]# su admin

*****PID file exists. But Adminshell service is not completely up.*****
*****If adminshell is restarted manually, please wait for 15-20 mins .*****

*****If adminshell is not restarted manually Please check nohup.out log at /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/logs for any errors .*****
*****Try restarting adminshell once using 'service adminshell restart' command .*****

The portion of the /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/logs/nohup.out file from a adminshell restart is attached.  There is an error as follows, along with Java exceptions:

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation

Further details can be seen in the attached nohup.out file.

7 Replies 7

lingutie
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @pncisco216 

Thank you for contacting Cisco and Global CX - Smart Services Support Team.

Please try to restart the services, by following the steps:

Login with collectorlogin user into CLI, then su - command and enter the root password.

Then use the command service adminshell restart.

let me know the results.

Kindly regards,

Lina Gutierrez 

pncisco216
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I tried the service cspc restart as suggested, but it did not fix the issue.

The admin CLI is still behaving the same way, and not allowing a login even though the credentials are correct.

What is your next suggestion?

Thank you,

Paul

Hello Paul, 

Please use the command service adminshell restart.

Regards,

Lina Gutierrez 

Hello Lina,

I already tried the service adminshell restart before I posted to the community.  It didn't resolve the issue.  I also, rebooted the server, and that didn't help either.

It seems like something didn't work right with the upgrade, and now the adminshell isn't starting up completely.  I was hoping that the log that I attached would help.  Are there any other logs or information that I can provide?

What tests or steps would you like me to try next?

Thank you,

Paul

Hello,

We are still having this issue with the adminshell.  We went to the step of building a new CSPC server VM from the 2.10.0.1 OVA, and did a backup and restore from the original CSPC server.  At this point the adminshell was working along with everything else.  However, once we applied the 2.10.0.7 update patch, the adminshell was once again broken in the same manner.  We then rolled the VM back to a snapshot and tried the 2.10.0.6 update patch instead, and once again the adminshell was broken.  The message in the nohup.out file is the same in each case, and seems to point to a Java issue.  Any other troubleshooting ideas or suggestions?

Thank you,

Paul

Hello Paul, 

The new version 2.11 will require a new Ova and will be released in about 2 weeks. It is possibly in his best interest to do that migration instead.

Regards, 

Lina

Hello Lina,

I will watch for the new 2.11 release.

Thank you,

Paul