Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC issue with UCS Servers

sidris-sid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I'm running CSPC version:2.8.1.4, Im able to collect all devices information using SNMPv2/v3 except for UCS servers, Its already discovered and managed on CSPC, but the serial number does not show up from CSPC for all UCS servers. (C220 & C240). check attached pic
I checked Cisco community and their recommendation is to run SNMPWALK from CSPC using the root account.
SNMPv2c:
snmpwalk -v 2c -c ROCommunityString DeviceIPAddress
SNMPv3:
snmpwalk -v 3 -u Username -l SecurityLevel (AuthPriv/AuthNoPriv) -a AuthProtocol (SHA/MD5) -A AuthPasswd -x EncryptionProtocol (DES/AES) -X EncryptionPasswd DeviceIPAddress
I executed those commends but Im getting this error: Timeout: No Response from DeviceIPAddress.
How can I fix this issue related serial number with UCS servers?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Saeed,

Thank you for the update via private message. From my analysis this is what I've found.

• The two devices you shared have been collected by the CSPC, this is what the raw data for one of them looks like regarding the collected PID and serial number

<![CDATA[.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.9.35.1.32.1]]></OID>
         <Context/>
         <Time>
         <![CDATA[1586718232000]]></Time>
         <Title>
         <![CDATA[cucsComputeRackUnitModel]]></Title>
         <Tag/>
         <Encoded/>
         <Value>
         <![CDATA[BE7M-M5-K9]]></Value>

<![CDATA[.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.9.35.1.47.1]]></OID>
         <Context/>
         <Time>
         <Title>
         <![CDATA[cucsComputeRackUnitSerial]]></Title>
         <Tag/>
         <Encoded/>
         <Value>
         <![CDATA[WZP#####4GK]]></Value>

At this time I will confirm my findings with one of our experts and update you within a few days.

Thank you

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on your screen capture you are showing the discovered data and not the collected data from the UCS. The CSPC will not show serial numbers for some devices from a discovery job, it's important to run the collection and upload to the SNTC portal to verify data collection. In particular the UCS uses the following MIB to collect physical serial numbers, 

CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-COMPUTE-MIB (.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.9) while the CSPC discovery job will use the ENTITY-PHYSICAL-MIB (.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.11) to display device serial numbers.

Please let us know what other questions you have regarding this issue.

Hi jofrumki,

Already I have uploaded the collected data to SNTC portal before two weeks. the result that SNTC portal listed all C220 UCS servers cuz i checked the uploaded data from collector & its looks good but the problem with the two C240 it's not listed due to lacking the serial numbers.
Have you faced such an issue with C240?

Hello,

At this time it would be more helpful if I could have a look at the uploaded data. In a private message please send me the name of your SNTC Company Name and Inventory Name, any IPs/hostnames of the affected devices, as well as the CSPC Appliance ID which can be found on the GUI in the upper right-hand corner.

Thanks

Hello Saeed,

Thank you for the update via private message. From my analysis this is what I've found.

• The two devices you shared have been collected by the CSPC, this is what the raw data for one of them looks like regarding the collected PID and serial number

<![CDATA[.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.9.35.1.32.1]]></OID>
         <Context/>
         <Time>
         <Title>
         <![CDATA[cucsComputeRackUnitModel]]></Title>
         <Tag/>
         <Encoded/>
         <Value>
         <![CDATA[BE7M-M5-K9]]></Value>

<![CDATA[.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.9.35.1.47.1]]></OID>
         <Context/>
         <Time>
         <Title>
         <![CDATA[cucsComputeRackUnitSerial]]></Title>
         <Tag/>
         <Encoded/>
         <Value>
         <![CDATA[WZP#####4GK]]></Value>

At this time I will confirm my findings with one of our experts and update you within a few days.

Thank you

Thanks jofrumki for the update. I would guess this is the issue. Cisco created BE7K as the top-level part number for better sizing UC applications or known as Tested Reference Configurations (TRC), In reality, BE7K is using UCS-C240, but from SNTC/ smartnet prospective they are binding the serial number with UCS-C240.
I will be waiting for your confirmation.

Hello Saeed,

We have opened a bug with our internal team to resolve the profiling of this PID, BE7M-M5-K9

Thank you

Thanks, jofrumki for your effort & support. any idea what is the timeframe to resolve this bug? 

Regards,

Said 

As the bug was just opened we do not have an ETA. Please allow several days for me to provide an update.

Hello,
I have heard from the SNTC engineering team and they are projecting the issue to be addressed by the end of June.
Thanks

Great. Thanks Jofrumki for the update.