cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failure when logging to the Collector CLI with admin account

gabrielcastano
Level 1
Level 1

When we try to access to the CLI with Putty or other tool, after putting the credentials the next message shows up:

*****PID file exists. But Adminshell service is not completely up.*****
*****If adminshell is restarted manually, please wait for 15-20 mins .*****

*****If adminshell is not restarted manually Please check nohup.out log at /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/logs for any errors .*****
*****Try restarting adminshell once using 'service adminshell restart' command .*****

This is the first time we do this so we don't have collectorlogin and root credentials, just admin.

We did a reboot of the VM and the problem persists.

Regards.

5 Replies 5

juanfsan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gabriel,

are you trying to deploy a CSPC collector, or does this have another purpose?

Hello, this is a deploy of a CSPC Collector, it´s working but with some troubles, so we need the CLI to do some troubleshooting and run some commands. The version is 2.11

millerlw
Level 1
Level 1

We are having the same issue and I am wondering if this is by design.  But if it is by design, then why make it available and publish a PDF to administer it via the CLI.  We're nerds and we want our CLI.

millerlw
Level 1
Level 1

Should we assume since there hasn't been any response to this that Cisco provided the CLI as a feature, and even documented how to use it, but don't actually want people to use it?

juanfsan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team,

not at all, cisco does want people to use the tools, but sometimes we run into issues that are always been worked on to be corrected, in this case I would suggest a redeployment, reason why would be it seems there was an error during the process, here is a guide on how to do so, please see if there is any discrepancies on what you did and what is on the guide, in case there is none, please let me know to see what would be best to do.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf