cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduled Collection Profile does not upload data to portal (but manual Collection does)

Backendsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As the subject suggests, I'm seeing an issue with our collector after upgrading to 2.6.

I have scheduled the Collection Profile "sntc1x_min_cp" to run once every day, and pre-upgrade to 2.6, I could see this job triggering an entry on the Portal under "Upload Processing".

After the 2.6 upgrade of the collector, the scheduled Collection Profile still runs every day (I can verify that it runs in the Reports -> Collection Profile Run Summary in the collector) , but no upload is present on the portal.

Here the strange thing: If I manually trigger the (same) Collection Profile to run, the upload does appear on the portal after the job has run!

I have tried rescheduling the job, but I really do not think it has anything to do with scheduling, since the collection job actually runs on schedule, just without any upload to the portal.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Lasse

3 Replies 3

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lasse,

Were you previously using an upload profile or have you always uploaded via collection profile? 

On the profile tab of the collection profile, what are the settings?

Another thing you could check, are there any other jobs (discovery, etc.) scheduled during the time the collection is scheduled to run?

Thanks,

Lynden

I always used a collection profile.

I was in contact with cisco TAC yesterday, and apparently the uploads ARE received on the backend at Cisco, but they do not show up on the portal due to heavy load on the SNTC portal backend system, so I guess the difference between manual/scheduled processing was coincidential.

Thanks,

Lasse

Interesting, please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Thanks,

Lynden