Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload Job Failed

Cisco SmartNet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Last collector installed at one of our clients is presenting a strange problem.

We finished all the collector configuration through CLI and afterwards on the GUI and ran a test discovery/collection profile. It worked perfectly.

2 days ago, we inserted all the ip ranges missing for a complete scan and it failed.

I pinged all the cisco IPs needed from the collector CLI and it works, the discovery process works fine and so does the collection profile.

The problem is when it tries to upload the collection to the portal.

Checking the logs I found the following message on the last line:

Unable to send the profile results to the Cisco Backend.

Reason:No response to registration request from the connectivity module

Now, I never saw this message on any other collector before.

What could be wrong? 

And why it was working before and suddenly stopped uploading the inventory?

I appreciate any help from you guys.

Thank you!

8 Replies 8

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What is the history of this collector? Did it used to be a NOS collector? Is this HW or a VM? What CSPC version?

I agree, never seen the error before, I'll need to do some digging.

Thanks,

Lynden

This collector was deployed in an enviroment that never had any other collector.

It's a VM, version 2.5.2.1.

We deployed the collector, created all the needed firewall rules, configured the collector through console and after that through it's GUI.

The customer did not had snmp configured on the network devices, so as a test he configured 3 devices and we ran the discovery, then the collection profile.

It worked great, the portal was up and the 3 devices were there.

After a couple weeks he gave green light to fisnish the collector configuration, so all his cisco devices could be in the totalcare portal. And that's when all fell apart...

We run the discovery and it found a couple dozen devices (which is correct), but when I ran the collection profile it failed, over and over. I created a new upload job profile but it also failed.

After checking the logs I found this message:

Tue Jan 24 15:09:17 BRST 2017 --> Time take:0 sec
Unable to send the profile results to the Cisco Backend. Reason:No response to registration request from the connectivity module

As I said on the first message, I never saw this message and have no clue of it's meaning.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

What is the name of the collection profile? If you go to Application Settings > Export Options, could you send a screenshot of that?

Also, is there any reason you deployed a 2.5 instead of a 2.6?

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

The name of the collection profile is sntc1x_min_cp.

I just tried another Discovery/Collection Profile and it says it's completed but nothing goes to the Total Care portal, trying a manual run of a created Upload Profile reveals that the last step fails.

I took a screenshot from the Export Settings as you requested:

And checking the log from the last Upload Job we got the same weird message as before:

Unable to send the profile results to the Cisco Backend.

Reason:No response to registration request from the connectivity module

We didn't deployed 2.6 because I left a 2.5 at my dropbox shared with our clients and before I changed the file to the 2.6 this client already downloaded and deployed. I trully don't believe that this problem is caused by the 2.5 since I got several clients with this version installed and it's up and running weekly discoveries and collections.

It's kind of embarrassing since this thing was running beautifully before it started to give this strange message.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Anything over my problem?

It's been a week since my last post. 

Hey Cisco SmartNet,

Apologies for the delay!  Can you try going back to "Export Settings" and switching the "Upload Via" method to NetAuth.  Can you see if this allows uploads to upload to the backend now?

Thanks,

Justin

I'm quite sure I did try to change the upload via "Netauth".

I'l try once again but this is getting embarassing between us and our client.

Any news on this? I have a customer that is having the same issue and I need to get it resolved ASAP!