Views
Helpful
Replies

HBA in 2 different VSAN

Cedric73
Level 1
Level 1

Mates,

I have some hosts that are zoned with a storage array. Historically we were segregating Linux / Solaris or AIX hosts in different VSAN. But as we only have a few hosts now and not a lot of port group in our new storage array, we would like to have all host in same VSAN.

I have zone with a host A in VSAN 10 and some ports of our disk array.

Our new disk array has only ports in VSAN 20, so I create a zone with port of my host A and ports of my new disk array. On Fabric Manager I can read "Not in VSAN" in the status of the port of my host. Sounds like a port can only be in a single VSAN. 

Any clue how I can go further ? I need to assign disks to migrate the data to our new disk bay.

Thank you in advance for your time !

3 Replies 3

jaton
Level 1
Level 1

The "Not in VSAN" status you're seeing for the port of your host suggests that the port hasn't been assigned to a specific VSAN. A port can indeed be a member of only one VSAN at a time. To resolve this, you need to assign the port to the appropriate VSAN.

Cedric73
Level 1
Level 1

I do understand now that a physical port in assigned to one and only one VSAN. I need to add a physical card and connect to another port to do what I need.

Thank you for your answer !

Tbowden
Level 1
Level 1

Could you do Inter VSAN routing for this?