Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS350-24p-4x not possible to use all TE Ports

joel157
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys

For a Lab device I've got a cbs350-24p-4x. With it's 4 TenGigabitEthernet ports I'd like to use port TE1/0/1-2 for lacp to my firewall and with TE1/0/3-4 ports I'd like to connect to my vsphere ESXI host.

The Switch is running on the latest FW Version: 3.4.0.17. My config is fairly simple, nothing crazy, a couple of vlans, some access and some trunk ports and my two port-channel groups.

Now my issue is the following: I'd like to use all my 4 TE ports, TE1/0/1-2 work fine, I can see my sfp/sfp+/dac modules with show inventory, but as soon as I plug anything into TE1/0/3-4 nothing. TE1/0/1-4 have the same config.

As soon as I plug in the DAC Cable (SFP-H10GB-CU1M ) to TE1/0/1 and TE1/0/4 The Port TE1/0/1 changes it's status to up.

Another thing is if I enter the command show interface my TE1/0/3-4 do not show up, only TE1/0/1-2, but I can See the status if I enter the command "show interfaces status TenGigabitEthernet1/0/4".

Has anybody an Idea how I could resolve this issue?

"

1 Reply 1

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

It's hard to go wrong with DAC cables, but your SFP/SFP+ modules may not be compatible. I don't suspect to be anything wrong with the switchports. If you plug those DAC cables into the te1/0/3-4 the same way as into the te1/0/1-2, they should show up. Your SFP/SFP+ modules do not have to be CISCO, but they need to be compatible. I use 10Gtek SFP+ modules and they work just fine. They are recognized as SFP-10G-SR. If you connect two switchports together ("TE1/0/1 and TE1/0/4"), one of them will be up, but STP will disable the other one. "show interface" does not show anything, since it is incomplete command. Anyways, I suspect that the output of the command you have issued might've been affected by incompatible modules, but I'm not sure about it. I have never had to deal with it. BTW, ESXi does not support dynamic (LACP) LAGs. You can have only static LAGs with it.

Kris K