Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware update

ziyadps
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

i am trying to update my SG500 and SG 300 series switch to latest firmware. currently running in 1.3.0.62 and planning to upgrade to 1.4.11.5. i have downloaded the firmware from cisco portal sx500_fw-14115.ros. while performing i am getting an below error. kindly suggest how can i upgrade to latest. error message :- Copy: Illegal software format

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Possibly the firmware got corrupted during download ; verify md5sum of the downloaded firmware with value shown  on download site ; if not available , try download again.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

tried redownload. same error while upgrading

- Where you able to verify the md5sum(s) as I asked in my initial reply ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

yes c02a90a3873ec960a0a990ff36080954

- So and you did verify this on the downloaded image file too ?

M.

yes

- Review and analyze this thread : https://community.cisco.com/t5/switches-small-business/sg300-firmware-upgrade-illegal-software-format/td-p/3930787

M.