Views
Helpful
Replies

SW SF500-48P Auto Voice Config

James Davies
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed a stack of SF500-48P, (2)

Flat data vlan 1

Voice vlan 100

I use the auto voice config, and set the default voice vlan as 100, Now the phones they are using are not in the MAC OID, so I added this thinking thats all I need to do, but its not working, plugged a phone in and it gets a data vlan IP.

these managed switches dont run IOS, so Ive had to do everything via the GUI, and I must say, these are horrible devices! Documentation is very vague about how to fix this, but it seems I need to take smart port off and assign the port to the MAC OID instead? this makes no sense, has anyone come accross these switches before?

4 Replies 4

rrivera06
Level 1
Level 1

Well i dont use voice vlan for my own reasons, but you can use CLI, you just need to go to

Menu

Security - TCP/UDP Services

Check the Telnet Service or SSH Service

telnet to your device and 

Then you can use the CLI and is pretty much like IOS

I use the CLI all the time on IOS, the commands on these cheap devices, are similiar but many commands dont work or are different, you cant add "switchport voice vlan XXX"

I have trunked the ports for now, and have the voice vlan as tagged.

Yes that the reason i dont use voice vlan with small business, i use trunks to..

Built 20 or so switces in IOS all via CLI, these bad boys were designed to be easier and GUI based! never again! ;)