Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2975 PoE problems

We currently have around 150 2975 switches and have had problems with it them not handing out PoE power to the cisco phones and access points at random times.  There is plenty of power left for the switch to use.  We have at least 15 that will be running fine for about a week and then all of the devices that use PoE power will shut off and will not come back on until we reload the switch.  If you console in there aren't any messages that pop up and if you look at the port it just shows on connected or will show IeeePD in the power inline.  We have contacted Cisco TAC and they just RMA them.  I would like to know if anyone else has run into this problem.  Thank you for any help.

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, you have this issue with all 150 switches, or just one or two of them?

Its about 15 give or take a few.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If you console in there aren't any messages that pop up and if you look at the port it just shows on connected or will show IeeePD in the power inline.  We have contacted Cisco TAC and they just RMA them.

LOL!

I can't believe Cisco TAC's response is to RMA when the "sh power inline" output shows IEEEPD.

Were there any troubleshooting done?

Did Cisco TAC have you perform TDR tests on the cables?

Most of the time that is a bad punch, but we have tested the lines in all cases and plugged the devices into other switches to make sure it is not the device itself.  They all worked fine in other switches, but would not operate on the switch that they were plugged into until the switch is restarted.  I guess they are just faulty switches we just never have this problem with the 3560 PoE switches that we have.

I guess they are just faulty switches we just never have this problem with the 3560 PoE switches that we have.

Did Cisco TAC ran you the process to conduct a TDR with your 2975 switch port?

I told them the problem that I was having and they just set up the RMA.  They never asked any questions.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card