Helpful
Replies

9300 switch stack cabling

Bob Greer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

Thanks for reading.

I'm having trouble stacking 4 members into a C9300-48U stack.  I have redundant PSUs installed and powered.  I have all four cables with the Cisco emblem upright (and notched side at bottom).  I seated all ends with a nice THUNK and twisted all screws to fully tightened.  And still... only switch 1 visible and resonding.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

Bob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My process somehow dropped the three member switches into rommon.  The switches have matching IOS versions.  I individually executed switch:boot on each member.  Following the process from that point (new members OFF, cable-connected, powered ON) joined each switch to the stack.

Thank you both!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

Ensure that you connect the stack cables to the new switches in the stack before you power them on.  Also verify that the code version of all switches are compatible with each other.

My process somehow dropped the three member switches into rommon.  The switches have matching IOS versions.  I individually executed switch:boot on each member.  Following the process from that point (new members OFF, cable-connected, powered ON) joined each switch to the stack.

Thank you both!

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello Guy,

Please, check IOS VERSION and until plug your cable, try turn off devices.
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card