Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 Downgrade.

Ogero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have Cisco ASA 5520 4GB RAM 3GB Flash memory.

Before I bought the device to seller upgraded the IOS to 9.1(7)13, which I think, is an interim (Beta) version.  I have since discovered bugs in this version of IOS.

How can I downgrade to IOS to version 9.1.6?  I can see version 9.1.6 image on the flash disk.

Please I really need to do this ASAP.

How can I make this version to boot OS?  Any help?

4 Replies 4

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

If you see older version- check the file size and hash from Cisco download center and verify the same with code on ASA flash.  However, I suggest you not to downgrade but look to upgrade to latest code that is supported by these devices. The latest code comes with bug/security related fixes. You need CCO account/contract to download any code from Cisco or check with the seller.

hth

MS

Thank you for your reply.

I am hoping to downgrade to a stable version.  The current version 9.1(7)13 is only a beta version (interim).  I am having too many problems with it.  Version 9.1(7)13 is the latest version on Cisco website but it is beta.

I really want to downgrade to version 9.1.6.  Please show me how.

Hi,

Remove any manually set 'boot' commands from the config and add 'boot' command pointing to new code. Ex: boot system disk0:/asa916-k8.bin . Then reload ASA. Before you reload make sure to the back up of running configuration and code as well.

hth

MS

Ben Samayoa
Level 1
Level 1

Of course you can downgrade the ASA5520 to the Version you mentioned, but your best option will always be to get the latest version provided by Cisco, such in the below table. 

Description : Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software for the ASA 5505, 5510, 5520, 5540, and ASA5550. Please read the Release Note prior to downloading this release.
Release : 9.1.7 Interim
Release Date : 08-May-2018
FileName :

asa917-29-k8.bin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card