cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BOOT FAIL C cisco catalyst 9300

Gravitecs
Level 1
Level 1

When I start the switch, the text BOOT FAIL C appears in the console and the gear indicator, the system, flashes orange, tell me what to do?

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Could you provide a screenshot of this message ? Or console output as it appears ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Annotation 2024-04-26 113434.png

- This looks like a fatal hardware error ; you may try factory reset with power cycle as  a kind of last hope action ; otherwise contact TAC and or organize an RMA , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

When I turned on the device, I pressed the MODE button, nothing happens, after a couple of seconds the gear indicator starts flashing orange and the messages BOOT FAIL C appear

Turn off the device, enable console loggin on the application using Putty or security CRT

Turn on the device and post complete boot log here.

appears in the console and the gear indicato

if you get  > prompt then you can follow below steps to recovery. - you can try boot from USB  ( but again we need to see what is wrong, if some hardware failure then you need to do RMA)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/217607-troubleshoot-and-recover-catalyst-9000-s.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

When I turned on the device, I pressed the MODE button, nothing happens, after a couple of seconds the gear indicator starts flashing orange and the messages BOOT FAIL C appear.

-  Because of all of this happening so soon after power on , rest assured that the switch is toasted ,

M.

You should get boot logs if you leave alone switch with out pressing, personally think device gone bad raise TAC case for RMA

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reboot the switch.  I want to see the beginning of the bootup (and not the middle).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card