cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3560-C factory reset not working

joshk132
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3560-C switch and am trying to get it back to factory defaults. I have been following this guide to try and reset it. Issue(s) I have came across is the first command `flash_init` results in

Initializing Flash...
...The flash is already initialized.

Then when I try `load_helper` I get this

Unknown cmd: load_helper

I can't log into the switch and have no internet access either (am on cell data right now).

Is there a somewhat easy solution to this? I just need a fresh start on it, was really hoping for a hard reset switch...

3 Replies 3

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Please see beneath an excerpt from the "Catalyst 3560-C and 2960-C Switch Getting Started Guide":

Resetting the Switch
Follow these steps to return your switch to the factory default settings. These are reasons why you might want to reset the switch:
• You installed the switch in your network and cannot connect to it because you assigned the wrong IP address.
• You want to reset the password on the switch.
Caution: Resetting the switch reboots the switch.

To reset the switch in one of these ways:
• Press the Reset button on the rear panel.
• Press and hold the Mode button. The switch LEDs begin blinking after about 3 seconds. Continue holding down the Mode button. The LEDs stop blinking after 7 more seconds, and the switch reboots.
The switch now behaves like an unconfigured switch. You can enter the switch IP information by using Express Setup.

Good Luck!

Best regards,

Antonin

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Not enough information.
Connect a console cable in and reboot the switch. We want to see everything that's not working correctly with the switch in order to make the right diagnosis.

DonnaJ
Level 1
Level 1

Did you have any luck resetting the switch? I have tried holding the reset button but no luck.

Regards,

DJ

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card