cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS - 802.1x Radius Issue

John N
Level 1
Level 1

I have a less then a dozen Cisco 3850 switches that I am working on.  I need to configure 802.1x authentication.  The issue is the switches are reaching out to Cisco ACS and I need to set up radius server to enable 802.1x.  The Cisco ACS I found out is a way older version that's no longer supported.  The question is do I need to set up up a 3rd party Radius on the network?  If so how would I go about doing this?  Or is there a work around to setup 802.1x 

8 Replies 8

John N
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have TACACS+ setup on all switch for AAA

if you have ACS I think you can run both TACACS and Radius 
MHM

Thank you.  I am confused the ACS version we have is 5.8.1.4 which is pretty old.  I can SSH into it and I get the acs/admin# screen.  Is there a portal for ACS? If so how would I get to the portal? Or is everything done on command line? Is there a process to enable a radius server? 

Thank you I'll take a look.. I guess the issue now is how do I access the portal for ACS? I can get into the acs/admin command line... 

Just to follow up .... I am able to access the CLI for ACS but I am unable to access the GUI... is there a way I could find what the URL for the GUI is via the CLI? I have the username and password but no GUI.... Any assistance would be appreciated. 

John N
Level 1
Level 1

Just following up... is there a way to find the GUI link via within the ACS command line? 

The link I share for GUI access

MHM

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card