cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ISE - Help with Radius Auth : Max session failed, but no session really in use ??? + AD Group different rights

Charly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We use Cisco ISE v2.3.0.298 Patch.3. / ISE-VM-K9 With 2 WLC 2504

Some users complain about not bein able to connect...

In the Live logs, we can see that the message says :22089 New user session not permitted. Max sessions user limit has been reached

We configured ISE to 1 connexion only, but in fact, no other session is present in the logs... ???

At the end, it says : 15039 Rejected per authorization profile

But username is not already in use...

Let's note that we have been sollicited on this issue after a ISE VM moved from one ESX to another... Can that be the problem ?

Is that a known Bug ?

Another think :

Our VIP population can have 2 or more Enpoints to connect at the same time on this WIFI.

We want only users from AD_VIP Activ dir group to use more than 1 Enpoint at the same time.

So I created a new User-Identity-Group named "Employee-MultiEndpoints", and mached the AD_VIP  Active-Directory Group in External-ID-Sources...

Then, I don't know how to correlate both groups... Am I going the wrong way ?

Thank you for your help !

Charly.

2 Replies 2

mohammed01701
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Are you sure you are not only allowing on session at time, there is setting that you can allow unlimited sessions see the Link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine-22/204463-Configure-Maximum-Concurrent-User-Sessio.html

/Mohammed

PedroDias1994
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you found any solution for this?

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card