Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrade Cisco 3650PD IOS 16.12.07 auf 16.09.06

Hello,

I have a question, so far I have only ever upgraded to the next or higher version. Now the plan
is to downgrade because there are connection interruptions. FYI, it is a stack of 2 3650-48PD
switches. Almost nothing is configured there except that you can connect to the switches via
SSH and that an IP is set for VLAN 1.

What exactly do I have to consider when downgrading, because I will only be able to do the
whole thing remotely since I'm not there. Or should someone be on site to be able to intervene
or do something on site if things don't go well during the downgrade?

I hope you can help me with this and it would be great if someone could send me relevant
links. Because I am native German and am currently having a bit of a hard time understanding
English. So please try to describe it in simple words without many abbreviations :-).

Best regards
Hajo

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Or should someone be on site to be able to intervene
or do something on site if things don't go well during the downgrade?
       Confirmed , since you are in not standard procedure this is strongly advised 

>...What exactly do I have to consider when downgrading
  Sometimes this can be tricky for instance when an upgrade of (rommon) bootloader was done on an earlier upgrade then downgrade may fail and leading to errors as to  the downgraded image no longer bootable (kind of not recognized)  . But I expect for this case that it will  not happen , because you stay in the same train

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi @marce1000 ,

I think I have currently found a different way with the customer. Instead of downgrading
the switches now and then using EOL switches next year, the customer is now considering
replacing the switches with new switches.

- That's a good way forward ; always better w.r.t the original problem is to use the latest (advisory) release available for the 3650 and check if that can help (so always go forward , avoid going backward because then previous but unseen bugs may be introduced again too) , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card