cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Have a couple of questions about 2948g switchs

vatito7
Level 1
Level 1

Alright so here is the story: 15 year old from canada, bought 2 2948g switchs off craigslist for $20 each, i was wondering if 

A. these run catOS or ios? they currently have a 6.1 version of something from 2001... whether its catos or ios im not sure?

B. Is it possible to pass my ccna from learning with these switchs? of course i understand id need a couple of routers too, still on the hunt for those.

C. what is the factory reset instructions for these? they have no mode button..

D. where can i get an updated IOS/ catOS for these since they are EOL already

Side note: these are the original 2948g not the 2948g-ge-tx

EDIT: i tried some ios commands on them... "set ip http server enable" worked... thats an ios command right? im not crazy/stupid?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A. these run catOS or ios? they currently have a 6.1 version of something from 2001... whether its catos or ios im not sure?

CatOS

B. Is it possible to pass my ccna from learining with these switchs? of course i understand id need a couple of routers too, still on the hunt for those.

Not snowball's chance in h3ll.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CatOS

B. Is it possible to pass my ccna from learining with these switchs? of course i understand id need a couple of routers too, still on the hunt for those.

Not snowball's chance in h3ll.

as i just added in my edit: i tried some ios commands on them... "set ip http server enable" worked... thats an ios command right? im not crazy/stupid?

If the configuration command starts with a "set" instead of "config t", then it's CatOS.  

oh. i see. feel stupid now... thank you anyway. is there a solved button on these forums?

oh. i see. feel stupid now

You can still sell them if the switch works.

There should be an "Answered" button.

alright. thx.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card