cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to untar archive content directly into a flash root directory?

kozooh147
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

I have to transfer quite many files (and directories) from a ftp server to my UC500 flash so I put all of them into a tar archive and copied (let's say myArchive.tar) from ftp to flash. The problem is that when I untar the archive, its content goes to flash:/myArchive directory rather than directly to the flash root directory (without creating additional myArchive directory). Could you tell me if there's any solution to this problem?

Regards,

kozooh

3 Replies 3

blau grana
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Can you show us command which you use for untaring files on flash?

syntax should be: #archive tar /xtract myArchive.tar flash:/

or you can directly extract files from tar file on tftp server into flash

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/software/release/12-1_22_ea11x/configuration/guide/scg/swiosfs.html#wp1064669

Best Regards Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

I used the syntax you mentioned and everything works great. The problem was with my tar file as there was a directory inside named the same as archive and that misleaded me. What a silly mistake...

Anyway, thank you for a rapid response and your time!

Hi,

I have a similar Problem, more specificaly:

by using the same command you mentioned for kozooh I am tryung to copy a tar file on the Flash drive of a c2960 catalyst.

Instead of copying the file as is, the Switch unpacks the file and enters everything it finds in the tar file as a command in the cli.

i get the same result either with copy or with Archive tar.

am i doung sth wrong?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card