Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with set ip default next-hop on n3k-c3064pq-10ge

2swat
Level 1
Level 1

Problem Description:

I am encountering an issue with the "set ip default next-hop" command on my n3k-c3064pq-10ge device.

Device Information:

• Model: n3k-c3064pq-10ge
  • Software:
    • BIOS: version 5.0.0
    • NXOS: version 9.3(13)

Configuration Attempt:

I am attempting the following configuration:

ip access-list 146
10 permit ip 10.10.10.0/24 any

route-map pbr146 permit 10
match ip address 146
set ip default next-hop 10.10.20.104

interface Vlan2
ip address 10.10.10.1/24
ip policy route-map pbr146

Current Observation:

Upon checking the statistics, it appears that the policy routing is not functioning as intended:

show route-map pbr146 pbr-statistics
route-map pbr146, permit, sequence 10
Policy routing matches: 0 packets

Default routing: 34608026 packets

Resolution Attempts:

Changing the command from "set ip default next-hop" to "set ip next-hop" resolves the issue and the routing starts functioning correctly. However, I need to make "set ip default next-hop" work as intended.

Request for Assistance:

Could you please advise on how to correct this issue? It seems that I am missing something in the configuration. Thank you for your assistance.

p.s.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus3000/sw/unicast/93x/configuration/guide/b-cisco-nexus-3000-series-nx-os-unicast-routing-configuration-guide-93x/b-cisco-nexus-3000-series-nx-os-unicast-routing-configuration-guide-93x_cha...

Here, there are no restrictions on using the 'set ip default next-hop' command, so my question remains unresolved.

4 Replies 4

2swat
Level 1
Level 1

I need 'set ip default next hop', currently using Catalyst 6509, would like to change the equipment while retaining the ability to perform 'set ip default next hop'. What can you recommend as a replacement for the 6509? Tnx!

Ip defualt next-hop can not be used so try use ip next-hop verify' 

Two verify you need one for next-hop appear in RIB and other next-hop ypu select 

Set ip next-hop verify 

Set ip next-hop verify 

MHM

2swat
Level 1
Level 1
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card