Views
Helpful
Replies

New task with /30 and/23

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

Mahdi,

The previous problems were attached to multiple already closed/Solved threads and have been fixed. This is a new issue, therefore a new conversation should be started. Since you seem unable to start one yourself, I have done it for you. The new conversation is titled "New task with /30 and/23".

@mahdi benameur 10-20-2022 10:58 AM

hi dave ,

i got a new task where three router ospf with /30 all ip begin with 10.x., between them should communicate where the first three octet are 10.5.6.x in all router connected

and pc 1 : vlan 1 ip address 192.168.1.x/24

pc2 :vlan 2 ip address 192.168.2.x/24

pc3 :192.168.6.x/23 netmasker vlan 3 are connecting to switch 1 which should be connected to router 1 using 802.1 q

from router 2 other side is connected to switch 2 ( pc 4 :vlan 1 ip address 172.16.0.x /23, and pc 7:vlan 2 )

switch 2 should with port-channel, connected to switch 3 which is the last connected to pc5 vlan 2 ip adress 172.16.4.x/23

and more pc6 (/24)to switch 3 connected .

connected to router 3 from the other side there is switch 4 connected with 802.1 q to router 3.

switch 4 is connected to switch 6 and switch 5 using stp

now is the issue from switch 5 to switch 6 which are both are connected using stp .vlan 10 should be blocked here between switch 5 and 6.

ok i have pc 10 /24 subnet conected to switch 5 and pc 9 connected to switch 6

and pc 8 should connected to switch 4

i need your help urgently before tommorow morning

i appreciate any help

you sinceley

mahdi

@mahdi benameur 10-20-2022 11:31 AM

by the way i forget to write the vlan 10ip : 10.0.0.x/24

in the explanation task

@mahdi benameur 10-21-2022 08:01 AM

i have a three routers whereas two router able to see each other in ospf mode while the third are not able to see.

all of them are in /30

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.

40 Replies 40

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

Mahdi,

Send the zipped packet tracer file. What troubleshooting have you done to determine the cause of the OSPF issue?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.

DAVE

THE TROUBLESHOOTING I HAVE DONE IT IS SHOW COMMANDS  SHOW IP OSPF NEIGBOR  SHOW IP ROUTE BUT I GOT AN EMPTY OUTPUT IN THE ROUTER 3 , I HAVE SEND YOU THE PACKETTRACER IN YOUR PRIVATE EMAIL WITH INSTRUCTIONS .

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

dave

i have send it to you in your private email the instructions writing in notepad and packet tracer machine i hope you have seen it

this time i have made all good ip addresses into its good place except the problem of the three router ospf adjacency with each other 

thanks in advance

your sincely mahdi 

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

i send you also the instructions of the new task which are very clear 

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

Dave

Have you found the issue on ospf routers 

I appreciate your help 

Mahdi

Hello,

If you attached the zipped packet tracer file to your issue here other people could look at it and help out instead of waiting on one person. 

-David

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

Mahdi,

The OSPF network statement wildcard mask for 10.5.6.0 is incorrect. It needs to be changed from 0.0.0.3 to 0.0.0.15 for all three routers (R1/R2/R3).

Take a read of the helpful post by @David Ruess. Follow his tip and allow the community to help you.

Thanks ,and how about the wild card of the ip address connected to the three routers (which are at the same time direct connected to the PC and switches,  i mean should I change another things or just the routers wild card you sent to me ?

Mahdi

Mahdi,

In regards to OSPF on the three routers, change only what I advised. After the change, all three routers should be OSPF neighbors with each other.

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

thanks

now all routers works properly, but when i want to ping from pc 2 above to one of the router but  its not able to ping i get time request

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

Mahdi,

Now "You" must troubleshoot this problem. Check the Links (are they up/up?). check configurations (Are the IP addresses, masks, gateways, VLANs, sub-interfaces etc. correct?). Can you ping devices locally? Can you ping the network gateway?

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

from PC connected to switch 1 , i was not able to ping one of the ospf routers while from the other switches im able to ping

whats is the issue according to you?

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

i was not able to ping locally or the default gateway

i willl send you the ,machine 

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

dave

from pc 2 and 2 and 11 above left of the diagram , those PC were not able to ping through ospf while i have had configured in router 1.

mahdi

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card