cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nexus 5672 ssh to svi breaks when adding additional svi

msprouffske
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client using the management port on the 5672 for peer connectivity to the other 5672 and they sync over this connection.  We have interface vlan 90 setup and we can login with that ip.  When I turn up interface vlan 110, we lose connectivity to the box.  I then have to ssh in with the new address on vlan 110.  I can still ping vlan 90 but I can't ssh to it anymore.  If I shutdown vlan 110, I can ssh to vlan 90 again. 

Any help would be great.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The management port (mgmt0) on the Nexus switches is in a different VRF and not in the global routing table. Make sure after you create vlan 90 for management all the other vlans are created in the global routing table and not the management vrf.

HTH

Currently vlan 90 is in the global routing table.  Why is it that I can ssh to that, but when I turn up a new svi it breaks that connection.  Do I need to put the command management on vlan 90?  If so, why does vlan 110 allow me to ssh in?

Any resolution, experiencing the same issue on a nexus 5548.

I shut one SVI and then I am able to ssh to the intended MGMTsvi. I also placed management on the MGMTsvi, once I no shut the other svi all connectivity is lost

msprouffske
Level 1
Level 1

Telnet as well breaks when adding a second SVI to the switch.  This switch should be full layer 3.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card