Helpful
Replies

Nexus N2k with 7010

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

1 question

i am connecting 2232 FEX cross connection with N7k, in F3 modules by default port pair is of 4 ports for example 1,2,3,4, so these 4 ports can be split in 2 port channels or they should be must in one port channel,

2.Question

if suppose N7k1 on F3 cards physical port number e1/1&e1/2 is in po1 so in N7k2 they should also follow the same physical port ?? or they can be in different physical port

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

i am connecting 2232 FEX cross connection with N7k, in F3 modules by default port pair is of 4 ports for example 1,2,3,4, so these 4 ports can be split in 2 port channels or they should be must in one port channel,

All physical links from the same FEX need to be in the same Portchannel.

if suppose N7k1 on F3 cards physical port number e1/1&e1/2 is in po1 so in N7k2 they should also follow the same physical port ?? or they can be in different physical port

All physical ports need to be in the same Portchannel.

Example:

nk7-1 ports e1/1 and 1/2 and  nk7-2 ports e1/1 and 1/2 all in the same Portchannel.

HTH

Dear Reza,

Question1

In F3 cards port-group is of 4 ports, can i split them in 2 port-channels, for example, e1/1& e1/2 in Po1 and e1/3 & e1/4 in Po2 on both N7K

Question 2

what is config-sync

It replicates everything from one switch to another switch, or it works only for layer 2 port channels and global configs commnads

Thanks for the reply,

Dears

Anybody can help me for the above query please.

thanks

Hello,

Question 1

First, check the port-groups with the following command.

slot slot_number show hardware internal dev-port-map

You can configure two port channels on the same port-group; however, since the ASIC is shared, you may not get your intended bandwidth.

Question 2:

Config-sys only replicates the following configurations:

Global configurations
vPC configurations
vPC member port-channel configurations

Hope it helps,

Masoud

thanks for the reply

you may not get your intended bandwidth.

so let say if i'm using 2 port from N7K1 instead of 20 gig the speed will be reduced, how i can verify this?? i need to justify the client, any document can be shared

thanks

I could find not any document to address your question directly. Cisco probably does not share its architecture publicly.

You can check the following links. This is an example for M series

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/interfaces/configuration/guide/if_cli/if_basic.html

"On a 32-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet module, each set of four ports can handle 10 gigabits per second (Gb/s) of bandwidth. You can use the rate-mode parameter to dedicate that bandwidth to the first port in the set of four ports or share the bandwidth across all four ports.

identifies the ports that are grouped together to share each 10 Gb/s of bandwidth and which port in the group can be dedicated to utilize the entire bandwidth."

This is also helpful for your other question. It is for F2, but should be applicable for F3 as well.

http://www.netcraftsmen.com/using-fex-with-the-f2-card-in-a-nexus-7000/

If you want to make sure you are getting 20G, group port 1 and 5 together(depending on port-groups).

Masoud

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card