Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP Setup, but I got .INIT. state..

eeebbunee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Professionals,

I setup the NTP server in one of branch site and would like to make all network switches to see this server including other branches.

- NTP server: 10.10.10.158 (placed in CST timezone, it refers pool.ntp.org)

- NTP Client: Switch/WLC in same timezone = synchronized well.
 - NTP Client#2: Switch/WLC in other timezone = Unsynchronized. it is .INIT. state.. 

eeebbunee_0-1714147574921.png

Should I create NTP server for each site branch..?

I have no idea what makes Asynchronization.

I appreciate your comments.

6 Replies 6

there is no NTP server IP appear ?

share the config you use

MHM

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have NTP Server in your network as statum 1 or 2, then you need to point the device to NTP Server

ntp source Loopback0  (this can be any interface which reachable to your NTP Server 10.10.10.158)
ntp server 10.10.10.158 prefer

Make sure each site able to reach - 10.10.10.158

you do not need NTP Server each site, HQ you setup and NTP Server all device point to that server IP 10.10.10.158

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

If we had more information we could give better advice. I doubt that the difference in timezone is significant, other than to suggest that some devices are closer to your time server while others are further away. If closer devices work and more remote devices do not work it suggests that there might be IP connectivity issues. Can you verify that the devices that do not work do have successful IP connectivity to your server?

HTH

Rick

eeebbunee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Thank you for leaving comments and opinions. 
I just create ntp servers for each branch site and make all switches to see it. Now it works without any unsynchronized issue.

Appreciate you to provides your precious time.

Thanks for the update. Glad to know that with these changes there are no more  unsynchronized issues.

HTH

Rick

that is not best practice, but if that works for you. good to know all well.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card