Views
Helpful
Replies

NVR not detecting cameras , network practices

Kevin100
Level 1
Level 1

Hai

I am commissioning a new Cisco network with core and many distribution switches.

The issue is security network spanned across multiple distribution ,the  american dynamics NVR is not detecting ip cameras on any building.only few in one building during search.

While during scanning ip with another software like ip search all will appear and can be viewed on explorer.

Any one faced issue like this,i am sure its NVR or camera settings issue ,but need to confirm any optional configuration or practices required for third party ip cameras on Cisco switches.

there is no firewall in network and i configured qos and port security only.ALL network working normal.

thank you

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi has to be the software , I have a cctv all over our buildings ip based ,same as yourself we just have qos and port-security and bit of stp on them as there access ports nothing else our 3rd party security software picks them all up and even our other ip based software's see them if we scan for that range , especially the fact there picked up by other software , a quick wireshark may show you something compared to working ip scan against one of the cameras

Hai thanks for reply ,this software was able to scan one vlan only and uses multicast instead of

unicast  

Wireshark helped to trace out .

Software issue.

Thanks for reply

Dear 

i know this post is old but can you tell me what QoS did you use and also what kind of wireshark method did you use and what configuration in the NVR did you change

just need more elaborate in solving this issue , my issue is that camera will stream and them after some time will stop or it would be up and we can access the camera using its ip address but we can not get it to NVR , we are using american dynamic

hope to hear from some one soon

Please . Anyone answer my question. We are still facing this problem and it's not solved .........
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card