Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with new Cisco router model

Dear Team

I just changed from Cisco router 1841 to Cisco router 4321 but the problem is computer that use to found each other cannot see each other anymore. Every configuration was dump into the new router. So the question is what is the security that add to the new router model that I have to enable it. Has anyone found this problem before.

8 Replies 8

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

There is not enough information provided to troubleshoot this at all.

From your post I am making an assumption you attempted to copy over the config from an ISR 1841 to a 4000 series router (4321 in your case)?

The 1841 runs IOS where your 4321 device runs IOS XE. Amongst other things, the Interface naming conventions are different and most likely some command syntax, depending on your config.

You mention computers that can't talk to each other. Until we can see a topology, configs etc. there is no real helpful input we can provide to help troubleshooting.

I suggest to provide a topology showing where the computers sit in relation to each other and also in relation to the router, along with IP addressing used, current configs.

Dear Grant

Please see the topology below. I also attached configuration on both router. If it can help.

Network Topology.jpg

Which Interface do these PCs hang off? What are the IPs? Can you ping them from the router?

Grant

Everything is working fine as it should. The only problem that we found is about network discovery. Some computer cannot join domain. I believe the problem is about some security protocol that changed in Cisco IOS.

Ok got you now. Of this I am unsure. I just run some tests / captures on my own machine and as you most probably know the discovery runs on UDP port 1900 / Multicast. Maybe someone knows a bit more about the any changes behind the scenes with the 4000 series although I am reluctant to think a default config would cause this.

SSDP.PNG

Hi

Have you tested the connectivity (ping or tracert) to the Domain controller from the affected computers, are they on the same network segment? I have compared your config and everything looks good. 

This website is useful to compare configurations: https://www.diffchecker.com/diff

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio

The ping or tracert from client to domain Controller is work and correct. Actually They are all in the same subnet.

I'm trying to add this command

"ip forward-protocol udp nameserver

ip forward-protocol udp domain

ip forward-protocol udp netbios-ns

ip forward-protocol udp netbios-dgm"

are you think is it help?

Hi,
I know it's outdated, but has anyone got a solution for this misbehave of network discovery?

(other type, but same problem: SG220-50)
Regards,
Istvan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card