cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems to assign IP ADDRESS Cisco Switch Catalyst 3750.

flielguera
Level 1
Level 1
Good evening friends, please, if you can help me with an apparently basic problem: In my platform of switches I have several 3750 old people, in one of these switches I have several desktops. As of this morning, the PCs, which are connected to a Cisco IP phone, are not assigned IP (VLAN 1), the IP phone does receive IP and connects to the Call Manager (VLAN 13). SWITCH stations are configured in PORT-SECURITY mode. Anyone have any idea what is going on. If you can help me.
3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

For testing, remove the port security configuration from one of the interfaces, test and see if the PC can get IP.

Also, can you post the output of "sh run" from the switch?

HTH

Hello

@flielguera wrote:
the PCs, which are connected to a Cisco IP phone, are not assigned IP (VLAN 1),
the IP phone does receive IP and connects to the Call Manager (VLAN 13). SWITCH stations

As you dont state what prt-security is applied, as this time as suggsted by @Reza Sharifi  I would remove it

Acess Port example:
int x/x
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan x  <--data vlan
switchport voice vlan 13
spanning-tree portfast
no switchport port-security

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello,

on a side note, what is the uptime of the switches ? Very long (> x years) uptimes can sometimes cause these symptoms. Rebooting the switch could help...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card