Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack Wise Virtual (SVL) configuration on Cisco Catalyst9404R

RICHA PRIYA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Need to confirm if we require any license or our switch is capable for SVL configuration. 

Model- Cisco C9407R

We have below license on the switch. Please let me know it is ok or not for SVL config.

#sh license summary

License Usage:

License                 Entitlement Tag               Count Status

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

network-advantage       (advantagek9-C9400)               1 IN USE

dna-advantage           (dna_advantage-C9400)             1 IN USE

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes network advantage good enough for you to build SVL

Note:      StackWise Virtual is supported on all Catalyst 9k Platforms with Network Advantage License only

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat-9k-stack-wp-cte-en.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Cisco Stack Wise Virtual is supported on CiscoCatalyst9400 SeriesSupervisor1 Module(C9400-SUP-1) and Cisco Catalyst9400 SeriesSupervisor1XL Module(C9400-SUP-1XL).

The feature requires a special, additional license,C9400-SUP-UPG-LIC=license with CiscoCatalyst9400 SeriesSupervisor1 Module(C9400-SUP-1).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9400/software/release/16-9/configuration_guide/ha/b_169_ha_9400_cg/configuring_cisco_stackwise_virtual.pdf

As per my show inventory we are using C9400-SUP-1 so do we need to get C9400-SUP-UPG-LIC= lic ?

yes if you have that sup card - that what mentioned other URL i have posted , also check the version of code you running any caveats of that version.

Catalyst 9400 can be deployed with all types of supervisor modules but SUP-1 module requires an additional License for StackWise virtual configuration. The in-chassis standby Supervisors if available will be powered-off by the system

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card