cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SYS-3-CPUHOG:

Pierre2018
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing an issue with one of my router.

Can you help me Please.

You find bellow output takken from my router.

%SYS-3-CPUHOG: Task is running for (2000)msecs, more than (2000)msecs (0/0),process = STILE PERIODIC TASK.
-Traceback= 0x8AA9FD4z 0x8AAA19Cz 0x8AABB8Cz 0x8A933C0z 0x8A91B0Cz 0x8A83144z 0x8A834ECz 0x8A6E0F4z 0x8A6D420z 0x8A6D4A8z 0x8A836B4z 0x5DCCBA8z 0x5DB3A98z

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the information, there isn't any strange in your outputs and I have not found the specific bug of your log. However Cisco recommends upgrading to the latest Cisco IOS Software in your release train to eliminate all fixed CPUHOG bugs.

---Do not forget to mark/rate useful post---

Regards,

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please provide the output of the next commads?:

show processes cpu history

show processes cpu

show processes cpu sorted

show log

show ver

Thank you,

Thank you for your answer.

Find the attached the output resquested.

BR,

I would read this there are different reasons this occurs on routers and switches  , sometimes can just be a cosmetic bug depends on how you seen it and what was happening when it occurred

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/universal-gateways-access-servers/90-series-customer-premises-equipment/15093-cpuhog.html

Dear Mark,

I don't see the "process = STILE PERIODIC TASK" in this link .

Thank you

BR,

Hi that's general guide on what can cause the cpu hog message in logs

Since you rebooted the router do you still see the logs constantly generating , has the cpu spiked up ?

the outputs you provided for the cpu don't show whats causing it , your cpu is running normally at the time it was taken which could suggest its an ios issue if its not having a real time effect on the actual device rather than a stuck process

The stile process is not jamming the cpu from what the output shows

260        2508        3008        833  0.00%  0.00%  0.00%   0 STILE PERIODIC T

Thanks for the information, there isn't any strange in your outputs and I have not found the specific bug of your log. However Cisco recommends upgrading to the latest Cisco IOS Software in your release train to eliminate all fixed CPUHOG bugs.

---Do not forget to mark/rate useful post---

Regards,

Thank you very Much

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are getting traceback messages at boot time and that is usually a sign of software crash.

What Mark provided is actually a good link on what to look for when this happens. 

If this is persistent and is causing your router to crash and reboot, I suggest you open a ticket with TAC, so they can help you recommend a version to upgrade or downgrade to.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card