Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP ERROR : BINARY,GET.TRANSMISSION FAILED. COULD NOT FIND FILE

hashimwajid1
Level 3
Level 3

Hi 

i am using solarwind tftp server for upload image on Cisco device, but i am not able to upload it because of following error binary,GET.Transmission failed. could not find file

1- I have disabled the window firewall

2- root directory is right

3- IP binding is ok

4- send and receive is ok

5- i reinstalled the tftp server, but could not find any help

but i am still unable to upload the image. can anybody guess what is the solution ?

TFTP connected from xx.xx.xx.xx:1024,binary,GET.Transmission failed. could not find file C:\TFTP-Root

Regards

Hashim 

6 Replies 6

Hi

I have not had the error before but take in consideration that TFTP cannot support more than 30M to transfer, is your file size more than that? If it is yes, you should use FTP instead. Have you tried with other program?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thanks

I am able to upgrade  image on Switch. it seems to me that it was cisco AP bug  

Hi

Good to know everything is working now. Thank you for keeping us posted. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

else, it could be the issue with tar file only as Cisco AP has the tar image, unlike bin image, that i uploaded successfully today on Cisco and HP switches with the same TFTP. although i was able to upload tar image with other laptop on Cisco AP. so it could be my window issue as well.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

could not find file

It means the location of the file in question is not found in the correct folder/sub-directory specified by the proggie.

You mentioned the root directory is right, but If you try to put the file into the drive C and modify the path on the tftp software to search into that (no folders)?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card