cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wr not working

Mary
Level 1
Level 1

in catlyst os, I try to wr, but hit error, write memory command is available only in text configuration mode. so how to save config?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Try with: copy running-config startup-config 

or 

copy config flash all

If you are using binary mode on your catos switch it will save the config into the NVRAM automatically. What is the switch model? If you want to change the mode, you can use: set config mode <mode>

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi

Try with: copy running-config startup-config 

or 

copy config flash all

If you are using binary mode on your catos switch it will save the config into the NVRAM automatically. What is the switch model? If you want to change the mode, you can use: set config mode <mode>

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

I found two commands in my config : set vlan 312 port 3/20, set port 3/20 speed 100

how to remove these two commands, in IOS, i can use no command, but in cat os, how to do?

Hi

If you want to change the vlan to default, you could force it to vlan 1

set vlan 1 3/20 or set vlan 1 port 3/20

To change the speed to auto:

set port 3/20 speed [auto/10/100/1000]

This link could be useful

http://www.pyeung.com/pages/cisco/cisco-catos-ios.html

when i use copy running-config startup-config , File running-config does not exist, model is c6006

It sounds like you are using CatOS which automatically saves the configuration for you

Jon

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I very rarely mention ratings but you are receiving a lot of help on these forums. There is nothing wrong with that but the people helping you are doing so in their own free time and are not paid for it.

So when you get answers to your questions could you use the ratings system. You don't need to rate all the answers, just those that solved your problem. It takes no time and is a way of saying thanks to the people who helped you in addition to helping others who may later have the same question.

Thanks

Jon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card