Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3650-48PS - POE failure on ports

ALAN MURRAY
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a customer with a large number of WS-C3650-48PS switches installed. The issue we are facing is that POE on these switches is failing at fairly regular intervals. We are not using POE on all ports - a maximum of 12 ports on any one switch are used to power either AIR-CAP2702I-Z-K9 OR AIR-CAP3702I-Z-K9 access points. There are no issues when the switches are first installed  but after a period of time some of these switches stop delivering power to the access points.

We have so far RMA'd 10 of these switches so far and am awaiting the return of another 10 from the customer to complete RMAs. I have been unable to find anything pointing to a known problem. Before I raise a TAC case I thought I'd just check here to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Thanks

Alan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It does not matter what firmware the switch is running, Cisco 3650/3850 and 9300 are affected by the MOSFET hardware bug:  CSCvd46008 &/or CSCvj76259. 

The only "fix" is to RMA the affected switch before the End-of-Support date. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the version of code running on the switch, if possible uplift the IOS code see any bug fixes?

what do you see on the logs? what do you see show power inline output?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It does not matter what firmware the switch is running, Cisco 3650/3850 and 9300 are affected by the MOSFET hardware bug:  CSCvd46008 &/or CSCvj76259. 

The only "fix" is to RMA the affected switch before the End-of-Support date. 

Kia ora,
Thanks for the reply which has confirmed my suspicions I did forget to mention that powering the switch off and on is not an option as when we try that the switch simply does not reboot.
Many thanks
Alan

@Leo Laohoo 

very informative-cheers 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card