Views
Helpful
Replies

A few questions about Skype for Business and Cisco Meeting server interop

iamnewborn
Level 1
Level 1

Good day everyone,

I have a few questions on conference calls between SfB and CMS.

Skype infrastructure is on-prem. CMS and Skype are located at the same network segment, users are located remotely via VPN. Link between Skype and CMS is made via Trusted application as it described in deployment guide.

I have also turned on Dual-homed conferencing as it described in the document Cisco-Meeting-Server-2-2-Single-Combined-Server-Deployment.pdf

Four persons are calling to CMS space: 2 Skype users, 1 WebRTC user and 1 Cisco Meeting App user.

SfB users cannot see full participant list as it compared to native SfB conference. E.g., in Skype app i can see only a combined view of space participants with currently speaking person in the front in the single window.

When Meeting app user or WebRTC user shares a screen or application, users in Skype cannot view it. They can view only video stream coming from Meeting app / WebRTC.

Is it 'by design' or something gone wrong?

The second question - in a SfB conference call i'm adding a CMS space as a participant.

Situation is the same as described - in Skype meeting window space is presented as a single window only, Skype user cannot see all the participants in CMS space.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Look at the link below, i think it will help you to answer the question in terms of the user experience.

https://kb.acano.com/content/23/253/en/what-is-dual-homed-conferencing.html

For CMA Users

"For Cisco Meeting App users joining a Lync scheduled conference, they will see the video from up to five Lync participants, as well as video from the Cisco Meeting App users. Lync users now see video in a gallery format from all of the Cisco Meeting App users, as well as the Lync users in the meeting. Both Lync users and Cisco Meeting App users receive a full combined list of participants in the meeting."

For Lync Users.

"In the first case they will receive a composed layout of multiple participants. When adding a complete space to a Lync meeting, the Lync user will receive only one video stream from the space (the main speaker) and will not receive a full combined participant list. "

For the content it should work in both the direction, look at the release notes, page 9.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Release_Notes/Version-2-2/Cisco-Meeting-Server-Release-Notes-2-2-4.pdf

Regards,

Alok

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Look at the link below, i think it will help you to answer the question in terms of the user experience.

https://kb.acano.com/content/23/253/en/what-is-dual-homed-conferencing.html

For CMA Users

"For Cisco Meeting App users joining a Lync scheduled conference, they will see the video from up to five Lync participants, as well as video from the Cisco Meeting App users. Lync users now see video in a gallery format from all of the Cisco Meeting App users, as well as the Lync users in the meeting. Both Lync users and Cisco Meeting App users receive a full combined list of participants in the meeting."

For Lync Users.

"In the first case they will receive a composed layout of multiple participants. When adding a complete space to a Lync meeting, the Lync user will receive only one video stream from the space (the main speaker) and will not receive a full combined participant list. "

For the content it should work in both the direction, look at the release notes, page 9.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Release_Notes/Version-2-2/Cisco-Meeting-Server-Release-Notes-2-2-4.pdf

Regards,

Alok

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If all participants are connecting to a Space on the CMS, what you're seeing is by design, you'll see all the participants within a single composited video stream from CMS.  Take a look at "Integration Type 2 - Spaces" in the BRKCOL-2611 - Cisco Interoperability with Microsoft - Part 2, Video Interoperability (2017 Las Vegas).

If you're only seeing a single participant, you might have the Space's default layout set to Active Speaker, you can set the default layout via CMS Web Admin, CMS API, CMA or using DTMF/Active Presence.