Views
Helpful
Replies

C60 2nd Camera on Daisy chain set-up not booting-up

Janice Ermino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having issue with powering up the secondary camera after restarting the C60 in a daisy chain set-up. When the CODEC reboots, the secondary camera loses power it's and the work-around is to reconnect it's power supply. Any thoughts?

Firmware version of C60 is 7.1.4.

Thanks,

Janice

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would swap cameras and see if the issue follows the camera or stays at the power supply of the second camera.  If it doesn't follow the camera, and stays at the power supply, try swapping power supplies.

It's been awhile since I've even looked, but I'd think the second camera should be powered on constantly if using an external power supply like you're supposed to do when daisy chaining cameras.

I agree with Patrick. I don't think the second daisy chained camera should (or even could) be fed Power over the control cable and should have a separate power supply.

Cheers

Chris

Having a number of very similar configurations (but with a C60 instead of a C40), I can confirm that the 2nd camera must have its own seperate power supply and doesn't get powered over the control cable.  Only the first camera in the chain can get powered from the C40, but given the distance we usually have between the endpoint and the first camera, we often power the first camera seperately as well.

I have many rooms configured like this - but do have one room that often has a similar issue to what you're describing.  When we reboot the C series endpoint, the cameras go back to the privacy position, and when the endpoint comes back up, the 2nd camera in the chain, on this one particular endpoint, does not show as a connected camera in the web interface, nor point to the preset position it is set to go to on startup.  Unplugging the camera's power cable and re-plugging it (or in our case, turning it off and on again at the GPO as the camera is mounted 15' up a wall) restores the functionality of this camera.

As we have many working rooms, all configured the same, but have this issue on only one room, we haven't spent a lot of time investigating the issue, but expect that it's a power supply that is starting to fail, or too much voltage drop in long power cable which could be fixed by swapping out the power supply with a different one.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.