Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX80

vtc.cjtf.hoa2
Level 1
Level 1

When you enable the mute button on the microphone or control panel,

why do you not see the mute displayed on the monitor?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What software version are you running?

You should see an indicator on the monitor if your microphone is muted, it should appear somewhere on the right side edge.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What software version are you running?

You should see an indicator on the monitor if your microphone is muted, it should appear somewhere on the right side edge.

Thanks so much for your quick reply, my software ver. is TC7.3.4.e4daf54.

I'd highly recommend that you upgrade from TC7.3.4 to TC7.3.6 to address a number of security vulnerabilities.  The TC7.3.4 software release has been deferred - see TC7.x software deferrals.

Another reason your mute icon may not be appearing on your screen is that the OSD could be set to a monitor that is not connected. 

Check which output is selected under System Configuration > UserInterface > OSD and look at what output is set.

Also check System Configuration > Video > OSD and the Output setting setting there too.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

It is possible that your monitor is not showing the entire screen--you may be overscanning, and the narrow bit that would normally show the mute icon is falling off the right side of your screen.  Try playing with your monitor's settings, or the OverscanLevel of the appropriate output on on your SX80 to compensate.

Thanks so much for your quick reply, I will try this out and see if that fixes the problem.

vtc.cjtf.hoa2
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks so much for your quick reply, my software ver. is TC7.3.4.e4daf54.

Hi 

Greetings of the day!

Are you facing this issue with a specific Telepresence endpoint in your deployment or all the Telepresence endpoints?

If yes, which endpoint is it?

I have the following action plan for you:

>> When You enable the mute button on the microphone or the touch panel, at that point of time, login into the CLI as admin(SSH session), and then again collect the output of “xstatus” and “xconfig” and please share it with me.

Regards

Radhika Sajan