cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Codian bridge misinterpreting FECC cammands from EX90

jilarsen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Codian bridge running software version 4.4(3.57) . Connected to the bridge is an EX90 running software version TC7.2.1.cb31c3d. When the EX90 tries to control a far end point camera through the bridge using FECC commands, it works for a while and then the bridge starts interpreting the FECC commands as layout commands and puts the EX90 in self view mode. Is this a know problem and is there a fix for it?

1 Reply 1

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like expected behavior to me. My guess is that the Bridge is configured to allow for layout control using FECC and it is also setup to pass FECC for camera control. These settings can both operate at the same time. To read how this works see this guide on page 49 http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/mcu/admin_guide/Cisco_TelePresence_MCU_4-4_Product_administration_guide.pdf

Specifically it states that "When one control mechanism can control either the layout or the far end camera, then that mechanism will always control the layout until "Zoom in" (FECC mechanism) or '1' (DTMF mechanism) is pressed. The control mechanism then switches over to control the camera"

Hope that helps!

-Chad