Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Edge 95 HD Camera (Video & control )

Not applicable

Hi Every body ,

Our company is newly starting into telepresence .. One of our customers already has an older Tandberg Edge 95 MXP unit with an HD camera  with the following cables:

1- Dsub proprietory cable for Tandberg HD camera

2- DVI-I to DVI-I cable for connecting the codec with the LCD/Display

I just wanted to clarfiy a couple of things

1-     We want to extend the Dsub cable to upto 15 m . We cant use repeaters because of space constraints . Can we run it on CAT-6 .. If yes can somebody please share the pin outs scheme with me

2-     How does the camera control work with the Edge 95 MXP . Is it done through the DSUB cable ..? or do we have a standard Camera control cable that is use with other (e.g C series) codecs as well..

Really appreciate a response on this...

Aziz

19 Replies 19

Hi,

I am using Tandberg 95 Edge system but the camera is not working i had checked with all connectivity from codec.

When i power On the codec camera turn for a movement but on display selfview is not coming, or software have to upgrade on system.

As the thread you have posted to is quite an old one (over 12 months old) and is for a different problem, I'd sugegst that you create a new discussion topic for your issue.  If you can include as much detail about your system and configuration in that new topic, that would be helpful to those assisting.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Charles
Level 1
Level 1

Mubashshir - Is the chart that you posted above the pin configuration for the RJ-45 jack at the camera or for the DB-9 connector on the codec? It looks like it is for the camera end. If so, can you also provide the pin-out chart for the DB-9 codec connector?

Do you know if there is a limit on how long a cable can be for the camera? Your answer above implies 6.5m with Cisco extensions but can it be more with a custom made cable? Are there specifications for the type of wire the cable is made from (number of conductors, gauge of conductors, shielding, etc)?

Thank you.

Here is pin assignment for both sides of interface.

Because video packet transmit from PHD camera to codec using this cable (not using separate HDMI or other video cable), if cable length extend more than 6.5m, customer may experience poor or block noise video due to signal attenuation.

For extending the cable length, highly recommend to use official extension cable available from Cisco.

jrozinsky
Level 1
Level 1

OK, so here is the pinout for both sides of the cable.  I have been told that the same cable is used for PHD/Edge95 and PHD/MXP3000 integrations.

This diagram is taked from the MXP3000 manual.  As the warning states:

"Cable is Category 7.5/ Class F AWG24.  Extreme care should be taken if you choose to make your own version of this cable!"