Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to register TCS to VCS via Gatekeeper using Gateway mode

archie0109
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have a TCS 6.0.1 and VCS X8.1.1,I cannot register TCS to VCS via Gatekeeper using Gateway mode. I want to enable Playback via end point. The TCS have a Premium Resolution installed key.

When using terminal mode registration to VCS was successful.

Any help very appreciated.

Regards,

Archie

22 Replies 22

We've used Windows NAS and SAN without issues.  What happens when you try to setup external storage and it runs through it's test to verify the accounts and permissions?  It should output a log file if you look in the E:/Logs directory.

Hi Patrick,

From the screenshot i attached you can see the error. I also attached a screenshot from NAS, TCS can create data folder.

Thanks,

Archie

Does the TCS server itself "TCSSERVER" have full rights to the \TCS directory on your NAS?

From the NAS, there are no option to add "TCSSERVER". The NAS is integrated to AD. So I  need to add the "TCSSERVER" to AD?

Regards,

Archie

You'll need to import and add the TCS machine name into the NAS, and give it full permissions to the TCS directory you created.

A quick google search turned up the below document that might help.  If that doesn't work, than the NAS you're trying to use, just might not work and you'd have to find another alternate storage location.

www.infortrend.com/imageloader/loaddoc/335

Hi Archie,

Cisco strongly recommends to use a Windows based NAS. So that is not an issue. However, please make sure the server is completely dedicated for NAS only and it is not running windows services like ADDS, DNS etc.

Please make sure of the following:

- When you want to setup a NAS for your media storage with TCS, the TCS and the NAS server and the NAS user (who is supposed to write in NAS) MUST be a part of same domain. 

- If you want the TCSSERVER account to write to NAS, then make sure it is a domain account. Also it must have administrator rights on the TCS server as well as full permission on the NAS partition. You can in fact create another account (like domain\nas_user) and add it to the admin group on the TCS and assign it full permission on your NAS partition as well.

- Make sure your desired NAS partition is shared.

- Go to the permission for the NAS partition and add the hostname of your TCS server (which should be in domain) as well as the NAS user there.

- Access the security permissions of the partition and make sure you have provided full permission to the TCS server and the NAS user there as well.

Now RDP into the TCS server and access the NAS partition (use the NAS user domain credentials who is supposed to have full permission). Try to create a dummy TestCopy.txt file there manually and see if it succeeds. If it does, then delete that file and run the NAS wizard from the TCS server. 

I hope this is helpful. Please try these steps and let us know if it works.

Regards,

-Deepti

The suffix of the playback aliases that appears after your prefix is auto generated by the TCS and cannot be altered. 

deeptiswain
Level 1
Level 1

What do you see in the TCS logs and VCS logs? Can you please capture a wireshark between them and try to see what messages you see when the TCS tries the registration?