cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How long telepresence content Server can Recording ?

Oanhtranba01
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I don't know how long does TCS-M4-PROBUN-K9 can recording ? And I can expand storage with thirdparty storage system ?

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not aware of any time limitation on a recording.  We've never come across any issue with time limits in the past 7 years using the TCS platform, and have had recordings that have gone for multiple days.

The TCS can be configured to store the recordings on an external NAS location (and this is a requirement if you cluster them) so you can store many large sized recordings if you have the space available.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Your mean is not exactly time for recording on TCS.

You know any formula for this ? 

While there is no time limitation that the TCS can record for, your only limitation is the size of the TCS E: drive, and external storage if configured.

At a high level, the recording process is:

1. While recording, the TCS saves a raw video file on it's local E: drive, if the recording has a live stream, there is also a low quality output being generated at the same time that can be streamed live.
  2. After the recording finishes, the TCS will generate high quality outputs that can be viewed in the web interface.  If a low quality output was generated for a live stream, that low quality output will be deleted after all high quality outputs are created to save space.  At this point, all the storage has been on the local TCS E: drive.
  3. If the TCS is configured to use external storage, all the raw files and generated outputs will be transferred to that external storage to save space on the TCS E: drive.

For reference, TCS S7.1 on a Third-Generation, Fourth-Generation, BE7K and Third Party Hardware the size of the E: drive is 550GB.  For the BE6K, it's 250GB.

Here is a document someone created that should give you an idea of the file sizes based on recording time, tcs-recording-size-examples.

Depending on your call rate and profile settings, there's many different amounts of time that a recording could possibly be done for.

Going by the spreadheet linked by [@patrick.sparkman], if my quick calculations are correct, you're going to get around 400 hours in the 550Gb space available, and even more if you use external storage.  And that's at the highest resolution possible.  If you record at a lower quality, you're going to get significantly more.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.