cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local phonebook management on DX codecs

seanscott83
Level 1
Level 1

After I spent a nice chuck of time writing a script to sync a custom TelePresence directory on our SX and EX TelePresence codecs using xCommand, I just  received new DX70 and DX80 units which don't support the same xCommand controls. It's most likely due to the fact that they're running Android as its OS, rather than the embedded TC7 that the SX units run. The web GUI on these units is also horrendous and doesn't allow for any call control, but that's a topic for another post.

I'm not sure why Cisco wouldn't allow some sort of access to the unit's local contacts. If I leave the DX units in "Enhanced" UI mode, which allows full Android use, I can sync contacts via a Google account, but once you lock it down with "Simple" or "Public" UI modes, you can only add contacts via Cisco UDS or add them locally to the device by hand.

Does anyone have any good solutions for this?

Thanks,

-Sean

1 Reply 1

thobonho2
Level 1
Level 1

I guess we need more details to fully understand what you're trying to achieve but if you have a mix of SX and DX endpoints, it's more than likely they are all registered to CUCM. So, question is why don't you simply use Cisco UDS? My understanding is that it comes with CUCM.