cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU issue

abousuhail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, i need your help, i made a big mistake, i reset the MCU configuration and after restarting the MCU i lost the product or feature key

i need to know how can i get new one

i don't have contract with Cisco

i bought the MCU from Ebay!!!!!!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I fixed the link in my earlier reply, for some reason when it copied, it left part of the URL off.

I don't have a way to take a screenshot at the moment, but when you go to that website, look for the "Get Other Licenses" option and within that drop down, you need to select "TelePresence License to Resend", from there enter the serial number of your MCU.

View solution in original post

You need media port licenses in order to use the MCU.  Do you have any?  If you're not sure, you can look up your MCU serial number and see what licenses it has registered to it.

Cisco Licensing Portal > Get Other Licenses > TelePresence License to Resend

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the Cisco Licensing Portal to lookup and resend any licenses you need, go to Get Other Licenses > TelePresence License to Resend.

Thanks Patrick Sparkman a lot for your replay

i tried to access the link  Cisco Licensing Portal but i got this error message:

"We can't find the page you're looking for.The page has either been moved or deleted.
Try and Search for the page"

can you please simplify your answer because i didn't get what you mean

Thanks alot

Can you please send me screen shot

Thanks

I fixed the link in my earlier reply, for some reason when it copied, it left part of the URL off.

I don't have a way to take a screenshot at the moment, but when you go to that website, look for the "Get Other Licenses" option and within that drop down, you need to select "TelePresence License to Resend", from there enter the serial number of your MCU.

I really don't know what to say, you made my day, Thank you very much Patrick Sparkman

Patrick Sparkman could you please tell me "or send me a link" how to make the MCU registered on CUCM

Thanks a lot

Take a look at the MCU 4.5 Deployment Guide, there is a chapped that covers registering the MCU as a media resource in CUCM. 

Thanks Patrick Sparkman for your reply

i follow the MCU 4.5 Deployment Guide steps, but each time i try to make a video conference it works only as audio no video

and i got this message on my MX200 "cisco callmanager hosed conference"

not the MCU

and i also found this on my MCU: 

Video ports to reserve   error: all ports already allocated

Media port mode
Selected option
Full high definition video ports 0
High definition video ports 0
Standard definition video ports 0
nHD video ports 0
Additional audio ports 0

Content channel:  failed to reserve video port

Go to Settings > Upgrade and see how many media ports you have under the licenses section, it appears you have none installed.

i didn't fine the license section under setting>>upgrade

You need media port licenses in order to use the MCU.  Do you have any?  If you're not sure, you can look up your MCU serial number and see what licenses it has registered to it.

Cisco Licensing Portal > Get Other Licenses > TelePresence License to Resend

now it becomes like this:

Media port mode
Selected option
Full high definition video ports 0
High definition video ports 2
Standard definition video ports 0
nHD video ports 0
Additional audio ports 2

Can you please tell me how to get license with more HD video ports (for example 8 instead of 2)?

Thank you very much for your help

Hi,

as per the attached mail 5300-4PL:MCU 5300 Series upgrade for 1 Full HD/2 HD/4 SD ports

You would be having 1  Full HD and 2 HD along with 4 SD media ports after u  enter the key.

Restart the MCU and check media ports.

regds,

aman

Thanks AMAN for your reply

and is works fine but my new question now is  how to get license with more HD video ports (for example 8 instead of 2)?