cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Signal - codec awake but no video output until rebooted

natalie.bennett
Level 1
Level 1

Equipment:  Webex Room Bar (on prem) connected to single 65" screen LG UHD Commercial Display

Issue:  "No Signal" showing on screen.  Correct source selected (confirmed as the LG screen names the source as Cisco Codec and when the codec was rebooted it came up correctly).  Codec awake - could access the webgui and see the system was not in standby because the Remote Monitoring camera image was active.

Video Output Settings: Webcam USBMode = OnStreaming, CONN 1:  CEC Mode = On, HDCPPolicy = On, MonitorRole = Auto, Resolution = Auto, RGBQuant = Full.

A reboot via webgui resolved this.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Note that HDMI cable runs are short <1m.

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One of the first suggestions would be to make sure that the Room Bar is running a recent software version, and not an older one which may have bugs that have been fixed in the later revisions.  In the latest revision as of the time of this response, there are many fixes around presentation loss which could cause a similar result to what you are experiencing.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hey Wayne,

I'm having the same issue with several Roomkits and they are all on the current firmware. What's the next step?

JamieCheek
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution? 
I have the same issue on 2 room kits. I've been able to temporarily get them to stay up by putting displays in a half wake mode (samsung) and a power save mode (nec) but if you power off the displays and leave them powered off for any length of time I don't get video back without resetting the codec.

scottborcherdt
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone found a solution to this? or know if it's being tracked as a bug?

natalie.bennett
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I have continued to pursue this issue via TAC on another device but don't have a solution.  I have noticed it on: Cisco Codec Plus & Room Bars.  The room I am troubleshooting has a projector so we have troubleshooted every component possible, and replicated when output to a Dell monitor instead of the projector.  This room it is persistent on.  Other rooms, it happened once or twice and not again.  Note that both Projector and Dell monitor DO NOT show No Signal.  There is just a blank output.  Rebooting fixes every time, to the point where we made a UI button so the users can reboot themselves (often used after hours).  Please see also: CSCwe28201 - Room Bar Losing CEC Connection with Samsung Displays - Cisco Community.  I don't believe it is a CEC issue though that I have - waking the codec by touching the Navigator does either:

* Turn on projector (Epson) or

* Turn on monitor (Dell).  For example, when I unplug the HDMI to the Dell, the screen shows "No input from HDMI" but plug it back in and it shows it has a signal.  

The Video Output status on the codec even shows the Epson as Connected and compatible resolutions.  The logs also showed the Dell monitor connected when it was on that.

Your case might or might not be the same, but please raise a TAC so we can see if there is a common cause.

mvadla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Updating to the firmware version listed for the different screens should fix the issue: https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/7sw4gab/Cisco-collaboration-devices-certification-program