cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outside Video call to 9971 using CUCM-VCS - is this possible?

Gabriel Ruiz
Level 1
Level 1

Just wandering if this is currently possible:

Remote Video Endpoint (Via SIP) =>ISP=> VCSe => VCSc => CUCM => 9971

The idea would be to allow the 9971's (or any Video IP Phone for that matters) to received a video call from the internet via URI. I understand that the 9971 may no be able to make a URI calls so an  E.164 to URI mapping is required.

So for example someone at company A calls from a video endpoint to company B via URI. user@companyA calls user@companyB. Company B has a VCSe that will route the call to VCSb and will ultimately forward the call to extension 1234 on a 9971.

Let me know if someone has a similar setup.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI catiarex1.  Good morning.  The theory is possible yes. If company A calls user at company B and company B's SRV and DNS records are in line to resolve that domain to the VCS Expressway, if the call enters the VCS Expressway and appropriate search rules on Expressway sends call to Control and apply Transform/Search Rule to send the call to CUCM and connect to the phone should in theory work out here.  I would recommend running currently releases if possible. 

If there are problems, running network log debug on VCS Expressway and Control to see where the problem may lie will be nice to see. 

VR

Patrick